Testing A Property Booking App & Backend Technology
January 9, 2019
Bringing wide range of workspaces ranging from Hot Desk, Meeting Rooms, Board Rooms, and Training Rooms to suit the dynamic needs of today’s professionals. Using the latest in Software Architecture, the app provides Real Time availability of desks, meeting rooms, board rooms and training rooms across multiple geographies. By using app’s proprietary backend booking system, booking partners are equipped to deal with last minute bookings effortlessly.
- Validate the design, wireframes and APIs for BETA launch.
- Validate the website and android app for functionality, usability, user-experience, non- functional features (network memory, battery and CPU), server-side performance and security for Pilot launch followed by Big Bang release.
- Regression issues after delivery of every new release
- Device fragmentation issues
- Recurring cross-browser and cross-platform issues for the web application
- Frequent changes in and unstable QA requirement causing testing delays
Exploratory or Context-Driven test methodology was adopted to validate the applications. After understanding the business priorities, two QA teams were formed. While one team was responsible for validating functionality, UI and UX, the other team was responsible for mobile performance, web performance, server-side performance and security
- Critical issues were identiﬁed in ‘Search’ and ‘Book A Room’ functionality.
- Web-application was nonfunctional on Internet Explorer. Every time the application was launched in 1080X720 resolution, UI broke.
- Business rules were not implemented for corner cases and data capturing was also having multiple issues.
- Duplicate content being generated.
- After installing the application, phone crashed due to excessive memory usage by the application.
- performance of the phone dropped
- battery of the phone was being consumed when application was runs in the background.
In addition to the key ﬁndings listed, our experts also advised the client on UI changes to improve customer experience. Our technical experts helped the development team identify root cause of the issues quickly resulting in lesser down-time and improved speed to market.
Qapitol was our ﬁrst choice when we were looking for a world class testing partner who would help us achieve our objective of giving a world class product to our customers. I am glad we went ahead with them. A young, dynamic and committed team, a management who had a strong background in testing & who were able to quickly understand and align to our vision. We look forward to working with them even more closely, to help enhance our service offering to our customers, in every way. – Founder
Write to us at: [email protected]
Call: +0044 7850 987 161 (UK), +91 98450 08696 (India)